Learning Design and ESD Course
Become a Certified Bootcamp Mentor or Certified CoDesignS ESD Trainer by successfully completing our 4 week online Learning Design and ESD Course developed and delivered in collaboration with UNESCO IESALC, the American University of Sharjah, Anglia Ruskin University, Glasgow University and the Open University.
Dates for upcoming courses in 2022
The upcoming courses in 2022 will be delivered in English and Spanish on:
- 4th July 2022
- 1st November 2022
What would the course cover?
By the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of sustainability and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Explain what ESD is and the difference it can make to curricula and pedagogy.
- Discuss the concept of transformative pedagogies and the application of active learning methodology into learning and teaching practice.
- Describe learning design concepts and approaches as well as the importance of the three pillars of the CoDesignS Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Framework embedding ESD in curriculum design.
- Design curriculum elements contributing to embedding ESD in educational practices using the CoDesignS ESD Toolkit.
Who should attend?
The Learning Design and ESD Course is aimed at professionals with at least 5 years experience in the areas of sustainability, education for sustainable development, curriculum design, learning design and/or educational technology.
How long is the course?
The course is delivered online over a period of 4 weeks. The participants are expected to spend approximately 7 hours a week engaging with the course activities.
How is the course structured?
The course is organised in 3 modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Sustainability and Education for Sustainable Development
- Module 2: Transformative Pedagogies
- Module 3: Learning Design and CoDesignS ESD Framework
There will be guided learning activities consisting of:
- Micro lectures to introduce key concepts
- Small group and class discussions to facilitate interaction and dialogue
- Application of the CoDesignS ESD Toolkit and
What will you receive at the end of the course?
At the end of the course, the participants will receive a a joint certificate of completion issued by the Learning Design and ESD Bootcamp Committee and UNESCO IESALC.
Fees and funding
|You will be required to pay in full once you have received your offer letter and this will contain full instructions on how to make the payment. |
Students from low income economies and lower-middle income economies receive 20% discount.
How to apply
|Before you apply||Application steps|
|If you have any questions about the application process or the course, please contact our course advisor team at: firstname.lastname@example.org||Apply online using the application form at the bottom of this page.|
Late applications may be considered if places are available.
If you have any questions about the application process or the course, please contact our course advisor team at: email@example.com
© 2021 Learning Design and ESD Bootcamp
Learning Design and ESD Bootcamp Website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.